Tuesday 21 August 2007

SWAP QUILT

My 4 seasons swap quilt is done! I enjoyed a lot making it because it is not exactly the kind I usually make and also because I used fabrics I had always planed to use but never had (till now!). The quilt is machine sewed and machine quilted in a variegated thread from "Superior Thread". I used for the back a piece of a Provence fabric in yellow, orange and olive to remind the recipient where I come from. Sorry I forgot to take a picture but I promise I will in the next post. I still need to design the label and sew it on.


Rosalie tagged me about listing 6 weird things about me: so here I go
although I find myself quite plain and not weird at all.

- I don´t have a driving licence. I don´t like being in a car much and I am always afraid of an accident. My DH is a very good driver fortunately! I am lucky to live in a big town in Germany where public transport works very well so I don´t suffer much for not being able to drive.

- I walk very fast. Even my DH has problems keeping up with me. I don´t seem to be able to stroll about. When I go shopping I know where I want to go and hurry from one place to the other.

- I can´t stand being in the middle of a crowd with people pushing at me and bumping into me.

- I am an hypochondriac. It seems I got that from my Gran who is famous in the family for that too!

- I don´t have a full day if I can´t drink a mug of green tea and eat some very dark chocolate!

- Last year (at 39) I started sport (I can´t even say "again" as I had never practiced sport before and I had always claimed loud that I thought sport was a waste of time and energy!). I jog twice a week for 30 minutes and I row on a rowing machine at home twice a week as well for 35 to 40 minutes. At the beginning it was hard but now I feel much better. It is still not my favorite passtime and I have to push myself each time but it is worth it. I have lost weight, I discover I have developped muscles where I didn´t even know I had some! Only stupid people never change their mind! (a french saying)

So maybe I am weird after all! I should tag 6 people to do the same list now but I won´t as I have seen this list on quite a lot of other blogs
already. If YOU feel like listing 6 weird things about you, please do.

13 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Oh, someone lucky is getting this little beauty! Well done and you just might be the first one finished!

Fiona said...

Oh lovely! I like the way the quilting echoes the design - that was very quick work.

Janice said...

What a beautiful Autumn quilt! Lovely design and colour choices - I'd be happy to have made that!

atet said...

Oh, your swap quilt is lovely -- I'm not sure I would be able to part with it! Thanks so much for sharing it!

Libby said...

Your quilt turn out fantastic! It brings to mind blowing leaves. Someone is very, very lucky *s*

Laurie Ann said...

I walk really fast too. I can't see how people walk around really slowly. I always want to get where I am going!!
Jogging is hard work, but so good for getting your heart going, that's for sure! Good job!

Andrea said...

What a lovely quilt ! I really wish I'd signed up for the swap now. I love your design and colours- it certainly says Autumn to me !

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

"Only stupid people never change their mind." I love that! Your quilt is great, I especially like the color changes on the binding, well done.

Birdydownunder said...

like the quilt, and the colours sortof resemble the ones I have chosen. Well done you must be the first to finish. Have to agree with the Green Tea but haven't tried the dark chocolate yet.

Chookyblue...... said...

wouldn't survive without a car where I live I would be stuck at home..........permanently.....Love the quilt

The Calico Cat said...

lovely quilt!

Kate North said...

I love your little four seasons quilt - it's come out very nicely!

Helen in the UK said...

The Four Seasons quilt is lovely. Really has a sense of movement about it :)