Sunday 24 January 2010

A LOT OF SNOW

I could say that I did not blog in the last 3 weeks because of the snow. But no, even if we have (had) a lot of it, the reason is just lack of time and more work than usual.


Anyway, I finished at last the center blocks for my confetti quilt, and a good thing too!

It should not take that long now to add the sashing but I still don´t have a clue what kind of border I will sew. We will just see how it develops itself.

Of course I spun a bit too. I MUST learn how to use that wheel, right?!
From some merino/alpaka top


I spun some thin yarn:
And from 2 different merino tops which I mixed,

I tried to spin some rustic (!) yarn. I mean that I wanted a yarn with some thinner and some thicker parts with character. At least it is a very soft squashy yarn and with 250 gr. I should be able to knit something bigger out of it.


That´s all for today. I will go and have a look outside now to see if the snow is still falling.
I can´t say I am a fan of snow!


Have a nice time and try to make the most of the weather!


Gwen

4 comments:

Marie France said...

Que c'est plaisant de voir enfin du patch sur ton blog.Mais cela fait plusieurs fois qu'on voit le même.A quand un nouveau patch?
Bisous

Anne said...

Hmm and where is my new hat?

Anne XXXXXXXXXXXXX

julieQ said...

Gorgeous quilt, and I am so intrigued by the spinning...is it difficult to do?

Sand and Sunshine said...

Interesting how the purple all but disappeared. Stay warm!