Monday 5 May 2008

SOME FINISHED PROJECTS

Last week-end we had a bank holiday and we stayed at home as my DH is ill (heavy cold with some bad cough due to allergies) and so I had time to finish some projects while my DS played outside with friends.


First the Bea´s BOM for May. I am still pondering heavily how to set these cute blocks so that they come out at their best.


Then I machine- quilted my nine-patch. It was the first time that I used cotton thread for machine-quilting and I am very happy with the result. I washed the quilt and it came out lovely: a bit shrunk and not at all stiff as is often the case with machine-quilted tops.
Here a detail of the border. I love quilting feathers!

Then I finished yet another shawl, this time the Swallowtail shawl from Interweave Knits. I used for it my left-over yarn from my Icarus shawl.

It is not very big but still large enough to wrap around my shoulders.

I still haven´t heard anything from my swap partner. I hope that she received the quilt and that everything is allright at her place.

I haven´t received mine either but that is not a big surprise as the postal service is on strike here.



I wish you a nice week.


11 comments:

Fiona said...

Thanks for the link to the Swallowtail Shawl Pattern - I've been admiring it on blogs for a while now - looks very good in red as you have knitted it.

Anne Ida said...

I absolutely love your nine-patch quilt! The quilting is gorgeous!!
And what a pretty shawl! Looks so delicate and soft, and perfect for the warmer weather approaching :o)

Wow, you're keeping up with Bea's BOM! Looks great! Look forward to seeing what you do with the blocks!

Anonymous said...

Gwen, that quilting is amazing, wish I was able to do such a nice work

Libby said...

Your feathers are just wonderful - the perfect choice for your little 9 patch border *s*

Sand and Sunshine said...

All of your items are beautiful. Thanks be that you have a camera to share your work with us. :) I rather feel like the more I know how to quilt the more my brain applies it to new projects. :)

Quiltgirlie said...

Hallo Gwen, Dein Nine Patch sieht klasse aus. Und dann noch die gequiltete Feder. Die kriege ich einfach nicht hin und Deine ist perfekt. Da ziehe ich den Hut!
LG, Britta

Chookyblue...... said...

lots of great stitching here.........

atet said...

Your swap partner didn't get her package until the day after you posted this! She LOVES her quilt and the yarn goodies as well!!! That nine patch is wonderful!

Carol said...

The sewing is all fabulous but that shawl ... truly magical.

May Kristin said...

Your little nine-patch quilt really is adorable! I love it!

Christine said...

Your quilt looks amazing ... love the feathers.