Monday 23 February 2009

STILL WINTER

I won´t bore you anymore about the murky weather we are still having here! You know how it goes by now: snow, ice, ...

So I tried to do something against it: I knitted a beret for me ( my DH has already got one) and my DS does not want one!
That´s the Relm Tam from
Knit.1. I knitted it with the left-overs from the cardigan I showed last week.


And I finished my Marlene socks from the same magazine as mentioned above.
The yarn is 100% Merino wool and very warm.

Yesterday my DS and I dyed some more sock yarn. This is a great way to learn a bit about colour theory. Take yellow and blue to get green is simple enough but it becomes a bit more complicated when it goes to how to transform a yukky brown into a warm caramel brown!
Pictures of the results next time.

I learned today that I will teach a workshop on scrap quilts in two weeks time. So now I have to sew some sampler blocks and work on the course of events, busy week ahead!
I wish you a nice week with a lot of time for crafty projects.


7 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow that sock pattern is gorgeous! Hang on a little longer- spring really is coming! My first little iris opened to day.

Anonymous said...

I do so admire your knitting abilities. Everything you knit is so beautiful. :)

Libby said...

Ahhh - but cold weather gives you the opportunity to wear beautiful knit hats and yummy warms socks. I think it might not be too bad. They look wonderful *s*

Sand and Sunshine said...

Nice job on the socks as always, beautiful cables!

Carol said...

Oh my gosh, look at all those gorgeous cables on the beret. Marvellous job!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Beautiful yarn, and beautiful pattern for both the beret and the socks.

acereta said...

Beautfiul socks! I almost didn't knit these winter, even if bought a lot of yarn!