Wednesday, 2 May 2012


If you have a look there and there (look especially at the dates!), you can see that this quilt was a quick birth. I will call it ALMOST POWERLESS because I hand-sewed the baskets, assembled the top on my treadle machine, hand-quilted it and only added the binding with my sewing machine.

 It is a very comfy quilt as the batting is a very thin cotton one. The reason I finished it is because I want to show it at an exhibition soon.

 Then now for something completely different. I have some left-overs from my last baby quilt project and saw something very cute somewhere on the internet. Forgot where but that was enough to inspire me and here is the result:
Bildunterschrift hinzufügen

 It is not very big (20 x 25 cm or 8" x 10") but cute for a small baby room ( near Paris I should say!).

 Painting the  canvas was fun and a learning experience and who knows, maybe I will make some more for future babies!

I am having some problems getting used to the new blogspot mask so please excuse some awkward lay outs.


Anne said...

J'adore le canvas !! Mais tu as ecrit sur le tissu? il faut nous faire un tutorial !! Step by step !

Sarah said...

Whoa- that's a lot of baskets!