Wednesday 24 October 2007

NEW FABRICS

Look what I got in the mail last week-end! Nadine sent me the prize I had won at her blog-anniversary drawing. A very nice panel with a lot of different Christmas illustrations and a cute B. Hayes stitchery.



The stitchery hangs already in my sewing-room and is according to my DH a good portrait of me (especially the hair!). Many thanks Nadine, I hope I can take part in your next drawing again!



On Saturday I went to the fabric market where I looked very closely, so closely that some fabrics and some buttons found their way into my shopping bag!

The fabrics are repro (the colours are not true in the picture) and the buttons will come in very handy for some inchies.

Tonight I have to go to bed very early as I have to get up before 5 pm tomorrow to go to work. The railway is on strike and I have to make sure I can catch one of the few trains still working.

Good night!



6 comments:

Sarah said...

Don't you just hate it when fabrics force their way into your shopping cart?

Those are great buttons!

Sarah

Unknown said...

What a lovely panel and stitchery you received from Nadine. Those little fabrics and buttons that traveled home with you are sweet. What do you plan on doing with them?

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Lovely fabric prizes, I hope the trains stop their strike soon... what a bother.

CONNIE W said...

Beautiful fabrics! That's too bad about the train strike and having to get up at the wee hour when you could be sleeping a little later. I hope all goes well. Love the little stitchery from Nadine!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, well done on the prize, gorgeous.
I really liked your japanese cut up block, looks very effective, I love just slicing through a normal nlock and seeing what happens as well.
Linda's quilt swap was great, I saw it in progress and thought it was lovely, well done, nothing like great mail! Tracey

Teodo said...

Beautiful fabrics!
good night....
ciao ciao