Tuesday 18 December 2007

WINTER SWAP

Winter is here at last and it is COLD! Maybe we will have a white Christmas if we are lucky.

The top for the Winter Swap is finished. I chose Trip around the world as the quilt will have to travel a long way before reaching THE RECIPIENT!
I have started hand-quilting it and so far I like it so much, I will probably make it once more for me to keep. The colours reflect my feeling in winter, a bit melancolic, the days are short, the sun rare but there are still nice days (hence the yellow) and the warmth of my home (the red).

I finished stitching this funny stitchery too and today I went to my LQS to get some red fabric to frame it. I wanted to have it finished before Christmas!
At the LQS, I bought some nice stuff for my Mum (sorry no picture there, it is for Christmas!) and I met a reader of my blog who I didn´t know. It was very nice to get some feed-back and encourages me to post on.
My parents are coming over to spend next week with us and so I don´t think I will have much time to post next week and that´s why I wish you all now
A MERRY CHRISTMAS

16 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute stitchery, and your 4sqs is lovely, lucky person who recieves it. Enjoy your time with your family and Happy Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I love you quilt, its cold colors with a little bit of yellow fot the light ! And your stitchery is very cute and funny !
Happy Christmas to you and yours !

CONNIE W said...

Gwen, What a lovely quilt. Merry Christmas to you.

Abby said...

wow you rock.... I can hardly believe the amazing work you have done on your quilt swap in the middle of all this xmas madness...
luv Abby

Libby said...

Mmmm - the quilts that must be made twice so we can keep one are always the best. Can't wait to see where this beauty will land . . . maybe at my door *s*

Bea said...

Eine SUPER Idee einen TatW zu nähen. Ich habe meine Arbeit getan - ein Label noch - ja, aber dann ist auch dieser Quilt fertig und ich kann ihn noch ein paar Tge genießen, bis er sich auf den Weg macht! Frohe Weihnachten an dich und deine gesamte Familie!

Angie said...

That is the most ADORABLE redwork!! I do just love elves!!

Teodo said...

A very nice quilt.........

BUON NATALE MERRY CHRISTMAS

Laura said...

Ciao
bellissimo molto simpatici i follettini
complimenti
buon natale

Laura

Unknown said...

Hallo Gwen !!
Frohe Weinachten für dich und deine Familie !!
Sehr schöne arbeiten hast du in dein blog ,danke fúr patronen links.
Viele Grüsse aus Chile , Vero

Kate North said...

Nice quilt Gwen - I'm looking forward to seeing more of these Winter Quilts (and of course, can't wait to see the one I get myself!)

Carole said...

Wow, you're on the ball! I haven't even started thinking about what I shall make! lol Beautiful work! Joyeux Noel!

Rose Marie said...

Love your TATW and your stitchery. Happy New Year!

atet said...

Your winter quilt is adorable and I love the symbolism. Your stitchery is wonderful as well -- please show a photo of it with the borders if you get the chance! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and that your New Year brings joy and love!

floribunda said...

It's a very pretty quilt, and I like your explanation of the colors... did you know that I live a long ways away from you?

Courtney Short said...

love your winter quiltlet!!! I echo what everyone else said - how lucky the recipient will be!! And your stichery is divine .. stichery is one of my favorite things to do :-)