Saturday 29 December 2007

WINTER TRIP AROUND THE WORLD

My 4SSQ is finished! I need to wash it and then I will post it in about 2 weeks´time. So I still have 2 weeks to enjoy it. I hand-quilted it as my parents were here and we had some fun deciding on the binding. We tried red, yellow, light grey, dark grey, etc ... each time with one of us not agreeing with the others!

At the end, I chose one we had not thought about! I will put the label on with the title " Winter trip around the world" ( how original!).


It is very interesting to see what the others are coming up with in the winter swap and I am very impatient to receive my quilt!
In the meanwhile, I want to wish you all
a happy new year !

P.S.: There has been very many visitors on my blog the last two days from some yahoo quilt list it seems. Could any of these visitors please tell me who recommended my blog and why. I am curious! And if they have any question, I will be very pleased to answer.

12 comments:

Judith said...

The quilt is beautifull. I would love it as I was your partner. I was thinking also about a trip around the world for the quiltswap, but still have to begin, so maybe it will be something else in the end.

Bea said...

A wonderful "Winter-Quilt" and great quilting! Your partner is a lucky! Happy New Year!
Bea - Germany

Abby said...

gorgeous!! your work is breathtaking.
luv Abby

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Happy New Year, Gwen. As always, your stitching is impeccable. Great little quilt!

Quilty said...

Beautiful quilt, I love the traditional patterns.

I wish you a Happy New Year.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh very beautiful Gwen! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New year Gwen ! Je te souhaite plein de belles choses pour 2008 ! Décidément j'adore ton winter quilt !

~Niki~ said...

Nice! Not sure who is visiting that you don't recognize. Happens to my blog all the time. I wish my lurkers would say HI :)

Chookyblue...... said...

very nice for the winter swap........just could not think about this when we are in summer........

Anne Ida said...

Your winter TATW quilt is wonderful, Gwen! Who ever receives it will be lucky!

A very happy new year to you!

Libby said...

Someone is going to be very lucky to receive this beauty of a quilt - it looks great! Happy New Year!

Rose Marie said...

Love it and love the title! Great job and your handquilting is gorgeous!