Saturday 2 August 2008

FLIMSIES, TOPS, QUILTS, ...

As promised last week, here are some of my mum´s latest works.
The first one is a flimsy (but not for long, I know my mum!).


The second one is being quilted.
And the third one is finished. This one was a mystey from her quilt group. That means she did not know how it would look like at the end before she started. I think she did a good job with the color choices without having a clue of the end result.


Then this week, I finished my version of summer for the 4SQS. It is now on its way to ... far away!
We renovated my DS´s room this week so that I didn´t have much time for quilting. I did sew some curtains though so that I could spend some time in my sewing room! Next week should be calmer and I plan to machine quilt my scrappy stars top.

I wish you a nice week too!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful beauties !!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Your mom makes beautiful quilts. That is simply the prettiest mystery quilt I have ever laid eyes upon. I passed up on a Christmas Mystery Quilt because none of the ones I saw were nearly that nice.

When you machine quilt are you using a standard size sewing machine, or a one with a longer arm? Mine is just a little Elna, but once I got the hang of it, it's not so hard. No free motion yet as I still haven't bought a darning foot. I'm just taking it one quilt at a time.

Marie France said...

Merci pour ces photos

Anne Ida said...

Your Mum's quilts are beautiful, Gwen! Thank you for sharing! They are all wonderful, but I LOVE the Ohio star and nine patch quilt!

Your summer 4SQS quilt is wonderful! Someone is going to be very happy!

Have fun renovating! Take care! Hugs...

Helen said...

I sometimes come and look at your blog but have never posted a message before, great quilts.

Helen

PS... you have been nominated for an award so go to my blog for more info.

Rose Marie said...

Wow .... great quilts by your Mom and love that swap quilt!

Jeanne said...

Gewn, The summer quilt has had it to Oklahoma safly and I absolutly love it. I will be blogging it as soon as I have time. Thank you so much. My kitchen is yellow and it looks wonderful in it. Thanks Jeanne

Libby said...

What a beautiful show and tell - they are all just gorgeous *s*