Monday 26 January 2009

SECOND BLOG ANNIVERSARY




It is already 2 years ago that I started the blog. And my 100th post was 2 weeks ago. Time flies.

If I look back at what I did this year, I notice that my interest has a bit shifted. More wool, less fabric. It does not mean that I don´t like quilting anymore, I do! But knitting and dyeing yarn have come on top of that. Where do I ask to have more than 24 hours in a day?!

Anyway, to thank you all out there who are reading my blog and leaving nice comments (it is just my sis who leaves silly comments and she won´t take part in the draw because she would not know what to do with what there is to win!) I will organize a give-away.

But first I would like to thank the first 2 persons who commented on my blog: Bea and Carol. Both of them are still regular readers and don`t appear to get fed up of my quilting and knitting ramblings.


I knitted Bea some socks and she seemed to like them. Carol, I will mail you for the details.

For the rest of you, you have one week to leave a comment to take part in the give-away. I won´t show you what there is to win as I don´t know yet! I will decide according to who wins, wether she likes more wooly things or more fabricy (!) things or both.


This week some more yarn got colours. I had ordered new dyes and I had to try them as soon as I could.
I stitched one more block of Bea´s BOM. I have now 12 of them and I think that´s enough.
I will ponder a bit longer to see if I get more ideas to sew them together. At the moment I am thinking of some kind of off-centered log cabin blocks.


I wish you a nice week and I keep my fingers crossed for the draw.

20 comments:

QuiltPeace said...

Congrats on the 2nd anniversary - I have been quilting for 12 yrs now and just recently decided to start knitting again (hadn't done it for about 20 years) and am getting hooked on that also. Your hand dyed yarns are "Delicious" - happy day
Barb

Sand and Sunshine said...

Congratulations on both your two year mark as well as your 100th post. Your work is always so pretty to look at no matter which end of the spectrum it comes from.

Everytime you post to your blog you share with us. So trust me enjoy every congrats and joyous comment that comes your way, you've earned them.

Sarah said...

I met you through quilts but I love the hand dyed yarn even more! I enjoy reading your blog and appreciate the nice comments you leave on mine.

Sarah

floribunda said...

congratulations on the anniversary! I do both fabrics things and yarn things -- love those hand-dyed yarns! keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gwen, Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of my former blog "simply quilted" which I ended in June before starting my present blog. Congrats on your two years of blogging. I'm trying to learn to knit now but am just a beginner, like the kindergarden of knitting. I am having fun learning.

Joyce said...

Congrats on the two milestones. I don't know what I'd do without blogging now. I've been at it for about 4 years. How time flies.

Jeanne said...

Happy two year anniversary and 100th post for your blog. Time sure flies when you're having fun. Looking forward to seeing how you set your stitchery blocks.

Marie France said...

Félicitations pour ces deux années de ton blog.Nous sommes plusieurs à attendre chaque semaine les photos de tes nouvelles réalisations.Il ne faut surtout pas t'arrêter.
Bisous

Carol said...

Oh Gwen !!! I love looking at your blog and taking a peek at your pretties. And being I like to quilt and knit, it's heaven being able to see your beautiful work. Hmmmm, if only I could turn you into a scrapbooker too, my life would be complete!! hahahahahahaha Congratulations on the two years.

Andrea said...

Congrats on the 2 years - I'm coming up to the same myself. For about 20 years I was a serious knitter and dressmaker but once I discovered quilting approx 6 years ago I rarely get out my needles or make clothes.

Anne said...

Hello from your dear little sister! What do you mean I wouldn't know what to do with my prize!! Of course I would, I would send it back to you with lots of ideas! But thank God I can't win these lovely green socks!!!
Congratulations anyway!
Lots of love
Anne

Quiltgirlie said...

Congratulation to your second year in blogland.
LG, Britta

Libby said...

Congratulations on your blogging milestone post and bloggiversary, too *s* It's been fun getting to know you.

Melinda said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. I enjoy reading your blog.

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Time is running....happy 2nd anniversary. I have only been a reader here for a short time, but I must say, I do enjoy reading your blog and keep coming back.
The hand dyed yarns looks great.
Best wishes for the day.
Anne-Mette

Bea said...

Hey Gwen!
Happy bloggiversary!!!!
Zwei Jahre schon!?!?
Dann hab ich meinen Blog-Geburtstag verpaßt - hmmppff!!!
Mal sehen, was sich da machen läßt - ggg!
I wish you all time creative ideas, endless time to stitch and knitt and moments of love!

Julie in the Barn said...

Congratulations on your anniversary, Gwen. I found your blog through Libby. I went back and read all 2 years and just love all your beautiful creations and your Mom's, too. I'm adding you to my blog read list and hope you will continue to share for many years to come.

ps: I love your Scappy Stars quilt and plan to make one like it for myself.

Amy said...

congrats on the 2 years. I have never knitted but some socks would be nice.. (hint,hint), have a great day

Quilts And Pieces said...

Happy Blogiversary!

francoise said...

Bon anniversaire et félicitations pour ce blog si plaisant.