Thursday 20 August 2009

HAS SOMEONE GOT A FAN?

It is just hot here, too hot to do anything apart from gaping at the garden getting dry!


Fortunately the house is more or less cool (depends on the floors) so that we can still sleep and move around.
My confetti quilt is growing. I am thinking of adding 3 more rows of squares, add small white sashing in between and then ponder for a border.

As you can imagine I am not wearing these at the moment although they are very comfy and soft. I am proud to show my first ownmade handspun socks and I must say they won´t be the last!
I received some rovings from England and I started dyeing them (they dry so fast in the heat, it has to be good for something!) so that next time I will present some more homespun.

Till then I wish you a cool breeze and a nice refreshing drink on the patio.

10 comments:

Marie France said...

Coucou soeurette,
Maman demande pourquoi encore des chaussettes vertes? Elle en a deja!!
Maman n'a pas le temps de faire du patch a cause... de la peche! (elle te dira que c'est parce qu'elle est trop occupee a me faire a manger et a garder mes enfants, mais crois moi, ses priorites sont ailleurs!!)
allez, bisous de la Bretagne sous la canicule! I wish!

Sarah said...

Come on over-we have air conditioning! I hope it cools down soon before you melt.

Congratulations on your gorgeous socks. I love the pattern and the color. The handspun looks nice and even too. Great job.

Sand and Sunshine said...

I love your knitting (but you knew that)! The pattern looks stunning. So nice to watch your scrappy quilt growing.

black bear cabin said...

That quilt is going to be awesome!!! i love the colors too! As for the socks...well, hurrah for you to make a pair for yourself! but if you decide you dont like them....green is my favorite color :)

Libby said...

You'll be enjoying those socks before you know it - they look great *s*

Rose Marie said...

It is very hot and humid here too and Toronto just experienced its' first tornado on the outskirts of the city. Crazy weather.

Your confetti blocks are gorgeous and those socks will be nice and cozy this coming winter.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow your confetti blocks are looking wonderful..........

Renate Bischoff said...

Your Confetti Quilt is great! Thanks for the tutorial.
Renate

julieQ said...

Your confetti quilt is so pretty. Nice socks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.