Wednesday 7 February 2007

magical card case



On Monday, I received 2 issues of Quilting arts magazine. Although I am a traditional quilter when making large quilts, I like trying new products, new approaches, etc... when making small items like postcards, boxes, sewing kits, ... and this magazine is great at showing unusual ways, ideas and artists. Anyway, in the issue 24 (winter 2006) was an article from Normajean Brevik which caught my attention. It is called "Magical card case and mini-wallet" and here my result.




It is magical because when you pull the ribbon, the card (in my case the business card) pops up as if by magic.
I am showing you the back of my business card as I didn´t want to show my address and my telephone number on the net for everybody to look!
It was a fun little item to make, fast and I used some scraps! What else can you want?

8 comments:

Anne Ida said...

Love that crazy quilt look of your magical gard case! And those ginger bread men on the stap is sooo cute, LOL! Have never before heard of the magzine, but my LQS import a lot of magazines, so I'll have a look for it in their shelves the next time i stop by:-)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love Quilting Arts, the case it adorable!

Laurie Ann said...

Hi Gwen. Thanks for stopping by! Great quilts!

Anne Heidi said...

Hi Gwen, the card case is just great, must have been fun to make :) Have a great week end!

comicbooklady said...

That is a really nifty card case!

Juliann in WA said...

this is wonderful! I have seen that magazine on the stands - will have to check it out
Juliann

Darcie said...

Ooooh! That is the same QA magazine that had the coffee cups cuffs too! I've been wanting to make one of those business card cases! Yours is darling, Gwen!

Thank you for stopping by my blog. You have a "no reply" listing for your comments...so thought I would drop you a note here instead. Lovely blog you've got!

And no...it wasn't your glasses! The fabric that I used for four of my journal covers is VERY wavey! But not so hard on the eyes when one is just seeing one cover at a time.

Melinda said...

I like your case! I've had that magazine issue for ages and finally made 2 magical cases this week!